Dreamworld Scarecrow Project is a school community-focused scarecrow building competition that requires entrants to build a scarecrow to a designated theme. The theme for 2023 is “The Year of Accessible Tourism”.
We asked Primary School Classrooms across Australia to participate by designing and creating a scarecrow – some local entries are on display at Dreamworld in our Scarecrow Lane for our guests to appreciate during Spring County Fair.
Scarecrows are independently judged on 4 criteria: Durability, Innovation of Materials & Sustainability, Design Creativity and Theme Representation. A “People’s Choice” award will be presented to the most popular submission as decided by the public online who have the chance to win one of 2 $500 VISA gift cards!
Voting has now closed for 2023, keep an eye out for the 2024 competition!
Proudly sponsored by
Prizes up for grabs
There is $5,000 to be won by our entrants, with the funds being donated to the winning school's P&C/fundraising body.
Meet our incredible judges!
We are so excited to have some incredible judges on our panel this year to pick a winner - it's going to be a hard job but we know they're up for the challenge!
Meet our straw-some scarecrows!
And now it's your turn! Check out our incredible scarecrows below and vote for your favourite for the People's Choice Award for completing the form below!
Voting has now closed for 2023!
Terms & Conditions
Competition Terms & Conditions
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS – VOTER PARTICIPATION
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions.
- By completing the online vote for People’s Choice, you (the entrant) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Ardent Leisure Limited (ABN 22 104 529 106) trading as Dreamworld and is located at Dreamworld, Dreamworld Parkway, Coomera, QLD, 4209
- The promotional period ends at 11.59pm AEST on Friday the 8th of September 2023.
- Entry is open to Australian residents.
- An eligible entrant who is under 18yrs of age must obtain permission from a parent or guardian and provide evidence of the permission. Dreamworld reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or entrant (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant or entry which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The directors, management and employees of Dreamworld, WhiteWater World, SkyPoint and their immediate relatives (including children, niece, nephew, grandchildren or siblings) are ineligible to enter the competition.
- To enter, entrants must complete and submit an online vote for People’s Choice and fill in all required fields.
- There are two (2) prizes to be won of $2,500 each (total prize pool is $5,000).
- This competition is a Category 4 trade promotion and the selection of the winners will be selected randomly. The winners will be selected at Dreamworld Parkway, Coomera QLD 4209. The winner will be notified by email or mobile by the 13th of October 2023 and the prize will be sent digitally. The selection of the winner is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any component of the prize, which is forfeited cannot be exchanged for another prize, transferred or redeemed for cash.
- All Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. In the event the winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then a redraw will occur and the next random drawn winner will be contacted.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss).
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period.
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- By entering this competition, you consent to the collection of your personal information by or on behalf of Dreamworld for the primary purposes of enabling it to administer the promotion and publicise its winner(s) and to market its products to you. The personal information of each winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the promotion, including the promotion administrator, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to regulatory authorities. You may contact the Promoter by post at the address stated in condition 3 to request access to, or corrections of, any of your personal information that is held by Dreamworld. If you do not provide accurate personal information, Dreamworld may determine that you are not eligible to win a prize.